Leonardslee House & Gardens
How beautiful does this look. Afternoon tea at Leonardslee House is served in the drawing room of the 1801 masion with beautiful views of the gardens. If you book afternoon tea, this also gives you access to the lake and gardens to take a stroll. Leonardslee House looks like a hidden gem and it’s definitely on my list to visit. Here’s a summary of the details.
- From £40 per person (a children’s menu is available)
- Price includes entrance to the lake and gardens
- Open Wed-Sat 1-4pm & Sunday 12-4pm
- Booking via their website www.leanardsleegardens.co.uk or call 01403 289 490. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can cater for larger groups
- Tea Tasting Experiences are Wednesday 2-4pm and can be seen HERE £8 per person
- Their tea is supplied by the Rare Tea Company and a percentage of all tea sales are donated to Rare Charity to support educational
projects on their partners farms
Just a few miles outside of East Grinstead is the lovely Kingscote vineyard. Not actually an afternoon tea offering but Kingscote do offer the most delicious home made cream tea, worthy of a mention. Just a short distance from the Kingscote station, you can travel there via the Bluebell Railway – the steam train from East Grinstead.
- Wine tour, tasting and cream tea for two which runs Thursday to Sunday
- Homemade cream teas (teapot for 2 with plain and fruit scones and clotted cream and Strawberry Jam)
- Homemade in their wonderful Aga oven by a talented local lady; Ally Tucker
- Cream teas are available 7 days a week from 10am until 4:30pm (closing at 5pm)
- Kingscote have a function barn which can be hired for large group bookings
- E:mail email@example.com or call 01342 327535 to make a reservation
If you’ve been lucky enough to visit South Lodge you will know its stunning, a huge country house with fantastic grounds. I’ve been to The Pass restaurant twice but haven’t had their afternoon tea yet; do let me know what it’s like. South Lodge have an offer on for National Afternoon week and if you book midweek (12th-16th) for their traditional afternoon tea, you will receive a complimentary glass of Ridgeview sparkling wine. This offer is Mon-Fri, 12-5pm, £35 per person (normally £47 with sparkling wine). Here’s the details:
- Afternoon tea is available in the Camellia restaurant, the drawing room, one of the lounges or outside on the terrace if it’s sunny day.
- Afternoon tea is served Mon-Sun, 1.30-4pm (from 12.30 on Saturday)
- Childrens menu is available
- Bookings can be made online HERE or call 01403 891711. More information at www.exclusive.co.uk
- From £35 per person
Located in the Ashdown Forest, afternoon tea at Buxted Park looks out over 300 acres of parkland. Their afternoon tea has a modern slant to it with additional savouries such as cheese tartlets or mini burgers! They also serve their tea with a Twinings tea timer so you know exactly when its perfectly brewed.
Not too far from Uckfield is this beautiful Victorian country house where you can enjoy a gorgeous home made afternoon tea – even the jam is home made. Afternoon teas are served in the drawing room or if the weather is pleasant you can eat on the terrace.
- The traditional full afternoon tea menu is served from Monday to Saturday between 3pm and 5pm, and on Sundays from 4pm. Afternoon tea guests are kindly requested to vacate the Drawing Room by 6.30pm.
- Traditional afternoon tea is £23 per person, Pimms afternoon tea £28 and Champagne afternoon tea £33
- Booking is essential (24 hours notice required).
- Food allergies, intolerances and diets such as vegetarianism should be advised at time of booking.
- The largest party which can be accommodated in the Drawing Room is normally eight
- To make a reservation, call 01825 750581 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club is just a few minutes drive from Forest Row, a huge estate with many afternoon tea options. You can enjoy one of their afternoon tea menus in either the period lounges, on the terrace or you can request a picnic which will be beautifully wrapped for you to take onto the lawn – I love this idea and hope to try this before the summer is over!
- Traditional Ashdown Park Afternoon Tea £26.00 per person or £48.00 per couple
- The Sussex Afternoon Tea £34.50 per person or £64.00 per couple
- Champagne Afternoon Tea £39.50 per person or £74.00 per couple
- Take any afternoon tea as a picnic. Served in a Hamper, with a blanket
- Baby Shower Afternoon Tea £31.00 per person
- Winnie the Pooh Afternoon Tea £10.95 per child
- Click HERE for the menus
- A gluten free afternoon tea is available
- Afternoon Tea is served in the relaxed Drawing Rooms, Sunday-Friday, between 2pm – 6pm
- Sundays, 2pm-4pm or 4pm onwards
- To book, call 01342 824988
I hope this summary helps you to find your perfect venue. As I’m still fairly new to East Grinstead, please do let me know of any other local(ish) venues serving homemade afternoon tea. If you’re planning afternoon tea at home and would like to hire my luxury vintage china hire collection, drop me an e-mail or click the link below and I’ll send over my self-quote form.